Help YOUR Eugene Emeralds Find A New Home
The Lane County Commissioners voted unanimously today (September 27, 2022) to increase the hotel bed tax by 2%. The hotel bed tax, also known as the Transient Lodging Tax (TLT also known as TRT), is paid by tourists to the community. This is exciting news! The money from the increased hotel bed tax paid by visitors to our community may be used to help pay for a new multi-use facility at the Lane County Fairgrounds that would become the new home for YOUR Eugene Emeralds.
In the coming weeks, the Lane County Commissioners will determine how to invest the increase in hotel bed tax at the Fairgrounds. At that time, I will be reaching out to you again to remind the Commissioners that the Ems need a new park or Major League Baseball will disband or move the team and our 70 year tradition of family fun, summer jobs, and community support will be gone.
In the meantime, join me in saying “Thank You” to the Commissioners. Let them know you appreciate the good work they do. Your message can be simple: “Thank you for increasing the hotel bed tax (TLT).” You can email your “Thank You” to [email protected]. Diana will make sure the commissioners see your thank you note.
I want to thank you for your support. Your emails and other messages asking the Commissioners to support them Ems helped to influence their decision. We wouldn’t be where we are today without you.
I look forward to talking with you soon.
General Manager for YOUR Eugene Emeralds
Latest News for Save OUR Ems:
- ‘There’s no time to waste.’ Coming months ‘critical’ for Emeralds’ proposal at Lane Events Center
- Officials approve condensed contracting process for Emeralds’ proposal at Lane Events Center
- As Emeralds, Lane County consider new stadium, Oregon approves $7.5 million in funding
- The Register-Guard – 3/7/22 | Letter to the Editor: Play ball
- ‘We’re going to build this’: Eugene Emeralds GM says building new stadium by 2024 not impossible
- Emeralds ‘through the roof’ about about possible county partnership
- Register-Guard – Letters to the Editor: Inside the Park
- Ems eye Lane Events Center for ‘New Civic Stadium’
- Eugene Emeralds, Lane County move ahead with plans for Fairgrounds
- The Eugene Emeralds eye the Lane Events Center for a stadium